What is on – Week 11
Dear Parents and Carers
Term 1 has flown by and I want to wish you safe and happy holidays.
If you have any concerns about your young person over the break, below is some important information.
Our school psychologists are on leave during the holiday period. For parents who may be seeking assistance around the mental health of your young person during the holidays, please consider the following:
- Make an appointment with their GP
- Contact Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services 6205 1469 (b/h). Ask to speak to the duty officer and also let them know that your young person attends Gungahlin College
- Contact the Crisis and Assessment Team 1800 629 354 (24 hrs)
- Attend Accident and Emergency at the nearest hospital with them
- Contact Headspace 6201 5343 (b/h)
- Contact the Office for Schools Student Engagement Team on 62057029
- For grief support contact Support Link on 0421 725 180 (24/7)
Heather Paterson, Principal
As the cooler weather arrives, we ask all students to ensure they maintain the standards set within our uniform policy. All students are required to wear a Gungahlin College shirt, hoodie or jacket as the outer layer of clothing. This acts to both strengthen our connection to the College community, and also enables staff to ensure that only Gungahlin College students enter the building.
AUSTRALIAN SECONDARY STUDENTS ALCOHOL AND DRUG (ASSAD) SURVEY
Gungahlin College has been selected to participate in the Australian Secondary Students Alcohol and Drug (ASSAD) survey.
This survey is the only national study exploring secondary students’ use of tobacco, alcohol, cannabis and other illicit substances. Students will be randomly selected via Connect Groups, and asked to participate in the survey during the regular Connect timeslot. This survey is approved by the ACT Government, and students have the opportunity to decline the request to participate. The survey is anonymous and under no circumstances will students be identified. Should you prefer your child not to be considered for this survey, or require further information, please contact Steve Collins.
Thank you to Jess Smith at McGrath Real Estate Gungahlin for generously donating a weekly prize for staff which is awarded in line with our three strategic priorities – Inspiring Teaching, Successful Transitions and Vibrant Community. The prize winners for Week 9 were our wonderful team of Steve McKinnon and Tracey Bailey.
IMPORTANT DATES WEEK 11 (TERM 2)
Wednesday 26 April
- First day of Term 2
- 2018 Enrolments open, 9.00am
Friday 28 April
- Whole school ANZAC Service during Connect